Police at Entebbe International Airport is holding two drugs dealers with cocaine worth $ 10m, which was set to be delivered to India and Cameroon.
The suspects who are currently detained at Aviation police in Entebbe pending prosecution in courts of law have been named as Nannono Lydia and Nakawooya Juliet.
According to Aviation police, on August 28 at around 2:00pm at NAS Export bonds at Entebbe International Airport one Azaria Mugabi, an agent of Sky Net Worldwide Express Courier took cargo for export under master Airway to the X-Ray Machine for screening.
“In the process of screening, police Anti Narcotics officers intercepted two packages of house Airway each containing cream powdered substances suspected to be narcotics drugs concealed in their false bottoms,” says Patrick Onyango Police spokesperson for Kampala Metropolitan.
Onyango says when Mugabi was tasked to reveal the shippers; he led police to Nannono and Nakawooya respectively.
Police mouthpiece says upon interrogation, Nannono revealed that the package was given to her by a Nigerian national called Okafor Osita Rufus, who stays at Kitende in Kajjansi in Wakiso District and later led police Okafar who was also later arrested.
“The cargo that was heading to Cameroon contained about 306 grams of cream granular substance suspected to be heroin, according to preliminary tests conducted,” says Onyango
He added that the India Cargo contained four smaller boxes each containing cream powdered substance suspected to be heroin concealed in the false bottom of these boxes with gross weight of 525 grams.
When a search was conducted in the house of Okafor, the following items were recovered.
- 10 packages of suspected methamphetamine 939 grams.
- 485 tablets of suspected MDMA (Ecstacy) 113 grams.
- 23 small sackets of suspected methamphetamine 20 grams.
- One pallet of suspected methamphetamine 12 grams.
- Some tablets mixed with powder substance suspected to be Ecstasy 16 grams.
- Other mixtures of powdered substance suspected to be Ecstasy 65 grams.
- Money US $ 9500, Uganda Shs 98,000, Nigerian Naira 700, Indian Ruppees 8360.
- Three passports of Okafor Osita Rufus Nos AO9389943, AO428682A and AO0202772 and passport number AO 5547585 in the names of Ejike Jamal Lucky, which is expired.
The two suspects in our custody are Nannono Lydia and Okafor. They are being detained at Aviation Police in Entebbe on charges of being in possession of narcotics and trafficking in narcotics.