updf officer killer man

UPDF Boss Murders Two Men over a Woman


Police and Chieftaincy of Military Intelligence (CMI) have launched a hunt for a senior UPDF Officer who shot dead two men whom he accused of having sexual affairs with his girl friend, Spyreports has learnt.

According to information obtained from security sources, the officer whose particulars cannot be revealed now is attached UPDF Headquarters in Mbuya and holds the Rank of Lt Col.

Security sources say the murder incident occurred on Jan 13 at Kataba cell,Bwire Zone, Kabalagala in Makindye Division. Inside security sources say, on that day the UPDF officer had scheduled to meet his girl friend who was only identified as Brenda.

They added that at around 11:00pm, the Officer came at Kataba to meet his girl friend. “When he reached at the meeting place, he found two men seating close to his girl friend and ordered the men to vacate and they refused,” says a security source.

He added that the Officer went back to his car and picked an SMG gun and shot two men one died on spot while another one died shortly after reaching in the hospital.

The murdered men were identified as Twesigye Kuruman and Muwanda Kalidi. Sources say after shooting, the UPDF who had come with UPDF vehicle fled the scene of crime to avoid being arrested by Police.

Eye witnesses say after the murder, police was later called, picked two dead bodies and took them to Mulago Hospital for postmortem. Sources added that police also Went with the girl and recorded her statement at police.

Murder case was opened at Kabalagala Police Station under file number CRB 033/2021

Police officers who are handling the matter say they intend to go back to the scene of crime and extract CCTV Footages to establish the number plates of the Vehicle, which the Army officer used. “If we can get the particular of the UPDF vehicle then we shall establish the owner who will be the prime suspect in this murder case,” says one of the police investigators.

When contacted for a comment, Luke Owoyesigire the deputy police spokesperson Kampala metropolitan said he would get back to us but by press time, he had not responded to our calls.



Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *